Currently, we are all going through tough times, but now is not the time to stop! Now more than ever, is the time to create awareness, engage and prepare for what’s next.
Like you, we've made a number of operational reductions to ensure that we remain sustainable and can continue to support you over the coming months. Our goal is to ride this period by your side so we come out stronger together.
We are fully contactable via chat, email or phone to discuss how we can support you.
We have put together the below FAQs, which will grow as we have conversations with clients, partners and industry colleagues;
Are you offering any sort of Fee Relief?
At this stage we do not have a blanket offer for fee relief. We understand that many of you are experiencing genuine hardship or have had to make the decision to close your business altogether. We ask that you reach out to us via email, and include your account details (property name, property ID) and explain your personal circumstances.
Most importantly, we want to work with you to ensure your business remains viable during this unprecedented time, and are still operational and ready for bookings when travel recommences. We will support you in any way we can and work with you on marketing and administrative solutions.
What are my cancellation obligations for OTA bookings?
We recommend checking directly with your connected OTAs and booking channels to stay informed when responding to guest queries on their cancellations.
Some reference points for top OTAs:
- Booking.com – Important information regarding the Coronavirus
- Expedia – Customer service update on COVID-19
- Airbnb – Coronavirus updates and questions
- Agoda - Update on COVID-19 from Agoda
- HomeAway - How does COVID-19 affect my property
How can I keep up to date with information from ResOnline/Room Manager?
We would recommend following us on Facebook & LinkedIn for the latest information from us;
What sort of things could I be doing during this down time?
This is a great opportunity to take stock and we'd recommend doing some or all of the following:
- Review your website - read ResOnline's website best practice tips here.
- Review your PMS; have you considered upgrading to Room Manager?
- Brainstorm &marketing ideas - packages, specials, promotions, value-adds.
- Refresh your property and room descriptions on your booking engine & OTAs.
- Use this time to take updated photos of your property.
- Review your current distribution channels and others you could connect to.
- Use free marketing channels - social media, email marketing to past guests, improve your website's SEO.